View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 03:37 PM   #11
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka View Post
Taliesin prefered to take the observant stance, take notes, maybe put it into song, and then speak. Very carefully of course. He did have some vainity for his life still.
"I do promise to quit this now. But how if we all acted like this Taliesin fellow here? Sit back and take notes of what others do? What notes there would be but notes of others trying to take notes on others who do and say nothing? Sorry milady, or dear sir? I always took you as a lady with my folklore but maybe appearances drive people to wrong tracks in this place?"

Nogrod reached for his cask and took a long draught.

"I have no major complaint anymore as people seem to be gearing up. But a thing I don't like is saying something while stating that saying something is not worthy of saying. On this kind of initial situation every word is valuable for without them the discussion will never take off. All those who discourage the discussion can be suspected of trying to hide and to hope of having as large silent crowd around them as possible."

Suddenly he noticed a new guy coming from the shadows and listened to what he had to say. Then he thought about it a moment before he opened his mouth.

"Now see what I mean. I can already say I'm getting quite weary of this stranger I have a bad feeling I need to face in the battle. Just look how nicely he lays the grounds for his attack on the actual battle. There is nothing there and he knows it, so he goes on saying
Quote:
I find that funny myself that I make such conclusion that early, but that's just it.
But that's exactly what he can rely on when the actual battle begins..."

Nogrod looked at the figure again but he had already turned to leave. Nogrod shook his head but then turned back to his seat quite pleased.

"This is the way we should discuss here I think", he said. "This generates thoughts and suspicions. There's no other way of catching the wolves but action and reaction - and coming up with the reasons behind them".
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote