View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 03:43 AM   #43
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Oh, Brinn, you know, that was not supposed to be said aloud...

Anyway, in my opinion, there is some point to wolf-hunting toDay. Even though the wolves don't know their fellows and no one is in actual danger of lynching and we have no kill to analyse, we can still flush some wolves out (optimistically speaking). The wolves know they are guilty, and it will affect their behaviour, more or less. Just see.

I'm slightly troubled, though. I know it's only relatively early day1 and a special one, but still it is quite alarming that there has been remarkably little suspicion expressed. Unlike McCaber and Azaelia, I feel that innocents (and wolves ) do a great favour to the village by expressing as much of their thoughts as they can and as openly as it is possible (disincluding, of course, gifted speculation etc), because that allows the other villagers to see to their mind and how they're thinking and thus allows them to judge their behaviour and find the wolves.

Speaking of suspicions, Brinn, Valier and Zali seem a bit odd to me. However, I'm well aware of the fact that my intuitive suspicion of them might be based on the fact that I disagree with some things they've said. Valier and Brinn both seem to be downplaying the importance of this Day, and thus playing to the hands (or should I say paws?) of the wolves. Which is why I wouldn't be surprised at all if they turned out to be wolves or cobblers - even though I'm afraid my suspicion of them isn't very high based on such little evidence. Zali, then, she just seems wrong to me, as a gut-feeling, there is something fishy in her very manner. It seems she mostly repeats what others have said and that kind of behaviour always makes me suspicious. But, in order to add some so called "Lommy-flipflopping", I must say I think I always suspect her, whether she's innocent or guilty... (last time, mind you, she was actually guilty)

Roa seems to be acting a bit too harmonically with others to be her normal self - is she a wolf looking for possible allies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel
Ah, we now have the good old "loud vs. quiet" debate. Trouble is, this is precisely the sort of thing that causes villagers to turn on each other and say "He says we should lynch the quiet ones, so he must be a wolf!" Furthermore, I don't remember that any wolves were actually caught due to being suspiciously quiet or loud. To me, a loud person becomes a loud wolf, and a quiet person becomes a quiet wolf.
What? If you ask me, no one was actually starting the traditional loud vs quiet debate (merely discussing loudness and quietness toDay) before you brought it up by that comment. I'm glad no one has taken the bait. And I hardly see it as fair to pop up just to criticise others' discussion while adding hardly anything of importance. Oh, I see my orcish manners popped up again. I didn't mean to be that edgy or offensive (if my comment seems such). And even though I criticise Menel's behaviour, I don't think it necessarily makes him suspicious (his behaviour, not my criticism, that is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Thin, our village of 12 (not 14), will have equal odds of a high number of specials, so it's not all bad. And should we do well today, we can certainly aid our fellow innocents in their battles and really hurt the enemies' odds.
I agree with your matemathics (thanks for correcting me) but not with your optimism. I think we are in a really tough situation and quite probably the odds are against us when the actual normal game begins. But let's not lose hope! I just want to say (in case I don't make it to the finals and won't be able to say it there), that the finals won't probably be a place for lazing, but really tough job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Also you put a space between the b and a in Barrow, so that's why it wants to split it.
Really, that comment made me laugh so much. But I swear, I didn't.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote