View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 06:37 PM   #60
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

I can hear the strains of Concerning Hobbits across the internet now... Imladris, most decent music stores carry Pennywhistles, if they carry acoustic instruments at all. They should be around ten bucks or less; if the store charges more than that, you gotta wonder about the store.

I like Oak (in D) or Generation, here (or here. Whatever brand you choose get it in the key of D. I've got an oak D and a Generation D. I also have a Generation in G, because it's little and therefore cute (and shrill too.)

But there are lots of different brands.

In terms of composing your own themes for Nimrodel and Amroth (what a WONDERFUL idea)--improvisation can be a good place to start. Just get alone with your instrument, make stuff up as you go, and see what happens. Whiel I was at it, I'd pray for inspiration too (God is good at stuff like that.) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Here's an interesting page: Sessioneer Web Site, Click on the lefthand menu and look for "Tin Whistle Guide." Looks like lots of good info there. Way more than I know!!!

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:50 PM January 27, 2004: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]