View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 09:47 AM   #198
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
We just checked our last night's (rl) posting together and ended up playing this game live together in front of the computer. Sadly there's no audio recording of it to share with you... We should definitively stop reading these threads together when a game is on...
Indeed, it's stupid - but even if we had an audio recording only Agan and Greenie (and Volo) would understand it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
But where are you the Might?
Seconded indeed. Where are you? I wouldn't like to vote the slightly more suspicous Nogrod just because you've posted so little that I can draw no conclusions from it, nor would I like to vote you just because you're so absent. Argh. Even though, I must say, that if TM doesn't appear or appears and posts just a few lines, ie doesn't make an impression either way, I'll vote him just because then it's a random choice and it looks like I'm going to enjoy playing with Nogrod more than playing with TM. We can't kill all the talking people and leave the quiet ones.

Quote:
Somehow she's over-careful with her standing within this trio even if she posts a lot and also says a lot. It kind of feels she is watching very carefully the balance of the mood and what tm might say when / if he finally comes around. She kind of feels like ready to leap on either direction whichevewill suit her better. Now that is not an actual argument against anyone. Many of us try to survive even we we're just plain ordos but I felt I needed to point to that.
Yes, I'm waiting for TM to come before I take a real standing on which one of you would I prefer to vote. Like you yourself said, if one of your fellow contestants doesn't post, the choice is random. So I'm waiting for TM to come and give me an impression of either guilt or innocence. It's really the only thing I can do as you don't strike me as particularly wolvish or innocentish.

Quote:
And I naturally disagree with your points on me as they are just false or plain far-fetched or insignificant.
Nice way of dismissing my points against you.

Quote:
The problem I have with them is not their content but the fact that you felt a need to voice a host of them. Yes, I can return your point about people possibly throwing things out to see how others react. That's perfectly legitimate and I tend to do that myself as well. But somehow, looking at the context here they seem somewhat fishy or should I say retaliatory (after I made one remark why someone could see Lommy as a wolf). I'd say answering an isolated suggestion of wolvishness with a host of poor arguments that try to paint the other black is jumpy indeed. It doesn't look like an innocent answering (or ignoring) an accusation but as a wolf trying to lead the discussion away from her.
Now, excuse me, that's a bit ridiculous. Should I not voice every little suspicious thing about you that crosses my mind? And as to the fact that those came after your points against me, well, it was obviously because you reserved the computer to yourself before me (no, don't get it wrong, I think it's ok as you had to wake up early while I didn't), but then you can hardly complain that I raise points against you only when you've first raised points against me. And if your posts look suspicious to me, of course I comment it.

I find it funny that you first accuse me of aggressiveness and then of defensiveness. It seems like you complain if I raise points against you or defend myself/ clarify my sayings if someone has raised a point against me. What else could I actually do? Raise points against TM based on three mostly nonsensical posts? (which I actually did) Or stay silent like him and say nothing, as everything I say seems to displease you?

Besides, you accuse me of retaliatory aggressiveness. Just look at your latest post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggleswogglesboggles
And talking about jumpiness... you saw it fit to answer some suspicions laid on you in a different trial altogether but why? That wasn't so pressing as tm is nowhere to be seen and I think I had already dissed them.
But there are other players in this game too, not just the two of you. If I made it through this trial and Night1, I'd still have to reply those points, so why not get it done and out of the way in the first place? Besides, if I were to die before Day1, I would at least have pointed out the flaws in Agan's argumentation. And really, if someone accuses me on feeble grounds, what reasons would I have not to respond it, as there clearly wasn't anything more urgent for me to do? Yes, you can complain that I replied to Agan before looking thorugh your and TM's posts, but I was aware I'd have plenty of time to do both, so it's surely not incrminating that I decided to do the easier/shorter thing first?

Also, I don't like the apologetic ending of your post. Of course people have to challenge each other in these trials. You've been doing it, I've been doing it, and in fact, it has lead to some sort of argument and chain of accusations between us while both of us declare we are not very suspicious of the other. Which would be a very amusing situation if it was less serious.

But really... it seems we can hardly do anything else than argue against each other before TM appears and sheds some light on this whole thing. And justified or not, I have the feeling that he appears a while before the deadline, reads through our little argument and votes the one he says looks more wolvish based on it without really elaborating on that much and disappears. That would be very frustrating, but at least it would solve the problem of who I'm going to vote toDay... *would add a rolleyes-smiley if hadn't already passed the limit*
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote