View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 08:08 PM   #178
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
I mean nothing for an hour then a flurry in ten minutes ... cannot believe you all just arrived....
Time zones probably, well, for me at least. It's a bad habit of looking to my clock at the wrong time and posting when it's 'talk time' here. I'm really trying to break out of it.

It does seem obvious that Sally was unfortunately a very good move for the wolves, one example I think that lead to this was her confessing that she wasn't a wolf and our general impression of this.

Either you believed or didn't believe her, but she didn't give any ultimate vibes immediately that she was a wolf bluffing in the worst way possible, or she was acting out as fenris bait (where one wolf takes the dive to fuddle up the reasoning of the villagers. I don't know how common this is now, but I've been fenris bait before and they certainly bit, and played in another game where wolves tried the same thing and ended up ruining the reasoning we made.).
It's only a thing wolves would do if they were either very confident of the action, or they knew by leading astray and making up a new suspicion list that they could afford to loose one of their own and bag the villagers at the same time. Though, this is reasonably done later in the game, so even if Sally was a wolf, I don't think our wolvie friends would do this (if they didn't already know about it yet.).

Though, since Sally really didn't make any strong or direct connection to a group or certain player, she was isolated and our current suspicion list pushed her towards the bottom, where we were expecting maybe Nogrod or Nerwen to be attacked last Night (which would make us say, "Ah ha! See? They attacked them because they pushed too many of the right buttons!"), but by taking Sally out of the picture is a random killing at first, but a good one that has no leads.

Unfortunately, wolvies, I think you can only play that card maybe once or twice before it becomes old like herring, and we smell something fishy.
Plus, everyone seems to know one another well enough to suspect each other, so it won't be as easy to pick someone out at random this time, unless they just don't post at all, but that is a loss for both parties since no one learns anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Not sure I entirely agree. I don't think that a Wolf-Ka would suggest killing Sally, but she might agree with such a proposal, so in my opinion Sally's death does not exonerate THE Ka.
Good point. Mac, thank you, but that isn't the strongest point to make in arguing for my innocence or no. If I was a wolf arguing last night that killing Sally would be beneficial to diverting attention or just general confusion, I would agree, but I have more inclination to hit more to the point and save my own skin and any suspicion around me so that my fellow wolves would not loose anymore than they need to (as a wolf, you have to be oh so selfish for the greater good of wolfy kind.). Sally's attack was a good one, but I prefer an observation, wait for someone else to make the first move, then strike somewhere that is more generally to my benefit method, but not too obvious (like going after someone that has been hounding at you all Day... generally they are loud enough for other players to remember what they said.) so that it labels me or fellow wolves in the game the next Day.

I'd like to say more, but I need to go over a few more posts again, and I'm awaiting Volo to appear sometime and answer my question... hopefully, if he wants to be that honest.

~ Ka

Last edited by THE Ka; 02-27-2008 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Bolding, bolding, bolding... Tedious, just read the bloody thing.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote