View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 08:12 AM   #1083
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I assign the Helsinki metropolitan area library service.

I have had the French Fellowship of the Ring loaned since September or October and this far, I've renewed the loan five times, which is the maximum. So on Monday, I went to a library, rather sad, for I hadn't managed to finish the book and I had to return it. Besides, I had just picked it up again and I had the feeling I would finish it soon if I could just keep it for a week or two. I went to the desk and paid some old debts *mumbles something about returning books a bit late*. Then I asked the librarian about the FotR. She said I can't renew the loan anymore, because the book has to return to the library after five renewals. However, as I had the book with me (as I had intended to return it), she just looked that it was ok, apparently made some marking on the library database and I was allowed to loan the book again right then. I love flexible systems and user-friendly service, especially as they are quite rare these days.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote