View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 12:04 AM   #765
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
Oregon has beaches, volcanoes, high deserts, and the large and amazingly green Willamette River Valley. Oregon is WAY green. SO many trees.

2. The weather is temperate. In fact, the mean temperature of January, the coldest month, is 45 degrees, only 15 degrees less than the mean temperature of the warmest month, July.

3. The people are friendly, laidback, and helpful.

4. Oregonian drivers are the most courteous in the nation. They will NEVER honk at you unless a collision is inevitable. They stop for pedestrians, even when the light is green.

5. We have the best coffee in America, and probably the most coffee, as well. My hometown of only 20000 has more than 10 coffee shops.
*cough* So does Washington *cough* *cough*

Though, I take NO defense of Starbucks. No one drinks it in Washington anyways, we all go/drink Tully's or our local place. You can bash them all you like, and it makes my heart glad to hear such.

Gwath pretty much said the same for Washington, minus a few details that are essentially different (ex: Active volcano(s), temperate rainforest, etc.).

I was a bit charmed that National Geographic thought Olympic National Park looked like Middle Earth. It does in a way, but like an oversized Fangorn, minus the Ents. So far as I know...

Washington is nice, but I've always felt at home in Alaska and British Columbia too. Both very beautiful places, and amazingly thoughtful people.

No, we do not wear flannel, or all live in trees. Who do think makes your computer software? Hrmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
laughs at people who disagree because they are invariably the people who have never been to Oregon for any serious length of time.
Don't worry, I've been there.

Too many times to count, and if anything: I think your taxes spoil you...

~ Ka

Last edited by THE Ka; 03-28-2008 at 12:20 AM.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote