View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 10:47 PM   #772
Ibrīnišilpathānezel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ibrīnišilpathānezel is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Ibrīnišilpathānezel is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
I feel compelled to make an argument for Wisconsin here, but I have no real proof. (I mean, besides the fact that our agricultural and dairy products are completely amazing)

At least we feel all four seasons here. But that may be a bad thing, now that I look at it.
After the 16 inches of snow we had on Good Friday (followed by the 3 last night), I might be inclined to agree that it might be a bad thing, but then, it's winters like this that keep down the population of things like cockroaches, termites, and other bugs that I'd much rather live without (and being allergic to all insects, this is rather an important matter to me ).

I might also add that in Wisconsin's favor, we aren't near any active volcanoes, fault lines, or other such natural wonders that might turn into a natural disaster without much warning. And there are the Great Lakes, as well as a lot of truly beautiful countryside. Even the occasional rotten winter, like the one trying to come to an end, has its own beauties (the 16 inches of snow was quite spectacular when the sun came out the next day, with the very happy promise that it would melt the stuff before the week was out, which it pretty much did). I've lived here all my life, and though I have visited other places that were quite lovely and interesting... well, there's no place like home, I guess.