View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 02:08 PM   #115
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
All right. I will have something for you hopefully tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I'd advice against meddling with the text, at least in a way of adding things to it. One thing we could and probably should do would be to skip off those narrations which only state "Frodo said" or "said Gandalf" (and there are a lot of those!). When the narration goes like "Bilbo laughed" or "said Elrond Gravely" we should think whether that tone of voice can be acted out clear enough to omit that phrase if that is the only thing that precedes, cuts or follows a speech. But when the narration says fex. "cried Sam, unable to contain himself any longer, and jumping up from the corner..." then the narrator should read that all, also the part "cried Sam".
Yup, I am sure once we choose the text, we will be confronted with such choices while going through the text itself - unless we really make it totally different and write our own stageplay - and so that will wait once the text is chosen.

Speaking of Orcs, I like very much the Uruk-hai, but not sure if it's everyone's cup of tea...

Or hey, what about the Voice of Saruman? That provides some good dialogues (but that will be quite a challenge to make a convincing Saruman - and even more convincing Gandalf in the end... Besides, I think MatthewM wanted Boromir there...).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote