View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 03:18 PM   #181
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okey-dokey.

I've made the first experiment with the music as a kind of an idea of a basic chord-procession for the journey from Rivendell through Eregion came to my mind.

The clip starts with the narration when the fellowship leaves Rivendell. It is said there "there was no laughter, no song or music..." But after the depiction goes a little forwards the music creeps in.

The main idea in the music is to bring together a bit sorrowful chord-procession by an acoustic guitar (the empty land that once was great but still is not devoid of beauty) and a darker synthetizer line (bringing forwards the unknown threat).

I have a couple of ideas how to bring in some variations to the main theme while the scene continues. I also have some ideas how to add some voices to sing an aaaa-aaaa -thing or a distortion electric guitar wailing quietly at the background at some other places.

There are two things in the clip:
1. The narration fitted with music (about 1.45)
2. The music by itself so that you could get a better picture what it is goinbg on there in the background. (a bit shorter)

You will find it from here.

Comments, further ideas?

What I did realise was that making the music to a whole chapter will not be a small feat indeed!

So don't be afraid McCaber, I'm not wishing to rob this part of the project from you. This idea just came to my mind and I wished to give it a try - and I kind of like it enough to wish to share it. If we will actually get a full chapter done there will be more than enough stuff to compose... And if you have better ideas for this part (if we're going to record this part in the first place) just let me know. No problem. It was fun doing this anyway.

PS. If you have earphones use them! The slowly growing music will sound much better with phones...

Last edited by Nogrod; 04-25-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote