View Single Post
Old 05-10-2003, 05:54 AM   #49
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Quote:
There’s no such part. All reality is interconnected.
I mean things that only affect you. Small things. I mean, who else will it affect if you you eat a lot and don't get on a diet? Only you.
Quote:
What’s all this lightning struck mud stuff? If that’s really how you see yourself, then you must have a really low opinion of everyone else. Sounds a bit like what Wormtongue wanted King Théoden to think of himself.
I didn't mean that literally, it was an exageation. It came from something Nyneve said:
Quote:
But what if there is no point? What if we are all only here because electricity zapped a pool of water and created proteins that got together and formed cells. Then the cells formrd organisms? There could be no point to anything and everything just is what it is! It could be true and if you want to believe you can. Maybe when we die we just decay and pass out of knowledge. Frankly, I don't believe it is true, but it is another point of view.
I don't lieterally think I'm a piece of lightning zapped mud. That would be a bit depressing. Bill Ferny- I'm not even going to put up the rest of the quotes. You're interpreting everything I say in a rather scary way [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I certainly didn't mean not to interfere with other peoples' lives at all. I meant on the level of moral standards, well. you would say that murdering somebody would rather interfere with their lives? What I meant was more along the lines of that.

~Menelien