View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 01:18 PM   #261
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I just had the uncertain vision that Volo also sings in our school's choir!? Correct me if I'm wrong Volo. I could arrange a voice for you as well to make it richer - whether you're in the choir or not?
Haha! Unfortunately I'm not in the choir. Ironically enough the first thing I did when I came to the school in autumn was to go and ask the music teacher about the choir and how to enter it. I went there once and loved it, but... well, the usual story, too much to do, too tired, blah blah ww blah blah blah.

And ironically or not, but funnily enough (to me) I sang into a microphone* for the first time in my life today. I finally decided that it really matters little if my singing sounds horrible - it was quite hard to get over the traumatic experience of being told to shut up by a person I really respect on my Protu camp when I finally (at the end of the camp) dared to join the campfire songs. Haha, I even bought guitar chords today inspired by my music lessons. I'll have to bring the guitar to school to ask the teacher for help in stringing the guitar, since last time I tried that one of the chords snapped, and that was like a year ago.

So yes, I'd enjoy joining your idea! Do note, however, that I have no sense of rhythm and absolutely can't recognize notes. In a way it makes life easier. Anything I listen to sounds good and even the worst quality doesn't bother me. I can fill my mp3-player with double the songs this way by having them of the lowest possible quality, and although my earphones are pretty much broken, I can't hear the difference.

*or nearly, I was singing behind two girls who were singing into the microphone, so I couldn't sing into it directly, but I would have if I could.

Yes.