View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 01:02 PM   #102
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Based on my previous arguments, here is a list of people I think are being (deliberately?) unhelpful/diversionary/sinister.

1. The Phantom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Bah! Why bother trying to find Wolves?
...etc.. etc... starting the whole endless argument that has been going around in circles all Day.

2. Mormegil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
I'm only to this point but I must agree with the phantom here. The EW is the key to our success or theirs. (Oh, I can't wait until people misread that statement!) Anyway the EW is the deciding factor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
No, we can't no for certain can we? However, I consider playing the odds the best bet at this stage of the game. If I were the EW, well I would pick...well there's something I must do but I will be back.
Well, that was helpful, Mormegil.

3.Gwathagor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Hardly ever is the first person lynched a wolf, which I think demonstrates that a single day is rarely enough to identify a baddie, which is why I think it's better to make a concerted effort to find the EW, than to scramble about every day trying to flush out that day's unique wolf line-up. No, I'm not saying "don't look for wolves." But I do think most of our energy should be directed towards tracking down the EW. In my opinion.
No, you mean "in The Phantom's and Morm's opinions". You sound a lot like a Gwathwolf in that post, my dear highwayman, always trying to side with the majority...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
++Sally
And you voted her because...?

4.Brinniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Okay, so we know there aren't connections between the wolves as they probably don't know of each other. So we should look for a different connection...and that'd be between the EW and the wolves. By lynching wolves, we will have better clues to who the EW may be.
So, the plan's lynch people at random in the hope that some of them will turn out to be wolves, who will in turn give a clue to the EW?

5.Celuien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien View Post
At this point, I think our best chances as a village lie with the scrying and seering. The usual daytime teamwork patterns can't be counted upon as a way to look for evil since there's no way to know if the wolves know each other's identities - and I would doubt that at this early point that they would as there's too much chance of flux from one side to the other. By the same token, it's high unlikely that they know the EW's identity. And other sneaky behaviors can't even be counted on because the wolves are perfectly replaceable while the village is still this large, and for all we know might be out there as cannon fodder to distract and confuse the search for the EW, who's really the one that has to be discovered to stabilize the werewolf population flux and make it possible for the village to be victorious.
And we'll do this... exactly how? Not leading up to another "lynch at will" proposal, by any chance?

6.Cailin.

Carries out Morm's proposal to guess who the EW would have picked by making a list of wolves, based on personality alone. That's pointless and looks like a possible diversion attempt.

7.Legate?

Logical and sensible, but is there a bit of a slippery feel to some of his posts? Nothing I can put my finger on right now, though.

There are also a number of other people, eg McCaber, Shasta, who have posted little or nothing and are possibly flying under the radar.

Edit: fixed numbering.
Edit #2: X'd since The Phantom at #91.