View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 05:40 PM   #239
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Day1

The boy sprang violently up from his chair. Tears were filling his eyes and his jaw was trembling.

“Herbert! What is it now my darling?” her mom asked startled.

“You all hate me! You’re just trying to get rid of me! And I know why!” His voice was breaking as he cried his words out.

“Now you listen to me young man! As long as I’m alive and the head of this family I will have none of that!"

The boy looked at the man his eyes full of hatred and fear. “You and your bloody war killed my father!” He turned around and ran off from the dinner table reaching for the door.

“Herbert! What are you talking about? Please come back my little boy!” her mom cried.

“You have just earned yourself a beating with that young man!” the man yelled after him but he had already gone slamming the door.

The boy ran through the deserted fields which no one had cared to sow this spring. The thunder of the artillery bombarding the enemy positions echoed from far away. The boy was already used to it not to pay any attention. But he did notice the absence of the birds. The blackbird which had its nest at the edge of the forest behind the fields was nowhere to be heard. He really loved its songs. They were the only comforting sounds he knew. But there was neither the swallow that used to go round the field chirping its simple tones of joy he couldn’t bear.

It was only by the deserted trench the boy stopped for a moment to glance backwards. No one was following him. What did I say? He thought to himself and jumped down to the trench. He followed the winding trench until he reached the old pillbox. It was pitch dark inside but he knew the way. He pulled a drawer open and picked the candle and matches as he was accustomed to.

When there was a faint light in the damp and cool bunker he finally sat down at the table and opened another drawer. There was a metal-plated box in there which he pulled out and set on the table. With shaking hands he opened it and drew the wooden figurines out laying them carefully on the table.

He had made them all himself, carved them from sticks during the cold winter nights in the bombshelters or in the darkened and joyless rooms they had hid from the air-raids or then later here in the pillbox which he had found earlier this spring.

Now they were all ready. He produced the drawing from the drawer and laid it on the table as well. It was a picture of a village with houses and yards, trees and paths, a wall and a central square. He set the figurines carefully to the map and then looked at his achievement quietly pleased with himself. Now they will all pay… he thought to himself. You will all die…

He remembered the autumn day back when he was yet a child. Her grandma had given him a mug of her own applejuice and watched over him as he draught it with a little boy’s enthusiasm. Then she had just stated bluntly “You know the dad of yours, he’s not actually your dad. He’s a vermin, a devil in disguise. That’s what he is. He made sure your father was ordered to the front, to the tightest place. My son never got out from there alive. And then this snake crawled to your mom’s bedroom using the cover of giving official regrets on behalf of the country! You believe it young man! He’s as foul as that… You should kill him when you’re old enough to do it. My hands are too weak and my feet too slow for it anymore – and your mom will never tell you the truth. They should hang that hussy as well.”

Do away with that tart! Rot in hell!

The boy squeezed the figurine of her mom in his small hands until it snapped in two.

*~*

The elders had sat on the Tavern-table listening to the row around them sipping their cider. They were shaking their heads listening to the younger ones.

“The young…” Greenie sighed.

Shasta nodded. “So fresh and soo full of energy…”

“Why don’t we just hunt both, the evil wizard and her minions? Now what is it with you?” Volo asked aloud and there was a silence. Everyone was looking at each other trying to find someone to blame for that ridiculous argument.

“And please Legate and Mac, behave yourselves!” Izzy added using the opportunity.

"It's Nerwen. Believe me! I don't want to incur the wrath of Roa and her ilk. And I have reasons to lynch her" Cailín said aloud.

"I don't have much time personally to explain it, but yes she is the one." echoed McCaber.

"I said earlier that Cailín had been talking sense, and her case against Nerwen echoed many of the thoughts I've been having. Enough pondering, it is time to act." added Lalaith.

Durelin broke in: "Right now I find Nerwen's speeches and behavior the most suspicious and I actually have a sort of gut feeling about her that's not good. I'll vote for her as well."

"I will be trying harder to listen to what you say from now on..." Diamond said. "And for my part, if I would rather not see the person in the lead get lynched, it makes more sense to vote for an alternative despite having no opinion on that person, herself". Her vote made Nerwen to pass the phantom.

"I don't like this but I'll vote for Nerwen as well..." Aganzir said.

The phantom sighed with relief as well as Agan who had gained a lot of votes late in the Day.

"Let's burn her!" Cailín yelled. "Death to the murderer of my husband!"

"Let's just rob her of her belongings" McCaber said giving a grin.

"We should burn her as Cailín says" added Lalaith.

"Let's not be too modest. Let's nail her to the oak-tree!" called Durelin.

"It's just the same... kill her... I don't want to see tp die anyhow." Di said grasping the hammer.

"And if you're thinking about killing me... then no way. Let's nail Nerwen first to see what she is." Aganzir said calmly and took the nails.

Nerwen was nailed to the oak-tree but nothing happened. She just waned little by little by no fault of her own. Some grinned with delight for that.

Alive:

+ A Little Green, a fortune-teller - folklorist - herb-grower - unofficial therapist, advisor and midwife, most presumably a witch, the gammer (the eccentric mother of Lommy & Mac)
+ Shastanis Althreduin, astrologer/fortune teller, gaffer (Greenie's husband, father of Lommy & Mac)
+ Isabellkaya, a gammer who loves asparagus and throwing knives (Shasta's sister)

+ Thinlómien, a bird tamer, adult (married to Nilp, Macalaure's sister)
+ Nilpaurion Felagund, a house-bound sandwich-maker, adult (married to Lommy)
+ Eönwë, Rikae's unofficial helper-person, 22 (their son)
+ Kath, tavern owner, 20 (their daughter, Brinn's life partner)
+ Satansaloser 2005, Lommy's assistant, 17 (their daughter)

+ Macalaure, apple farmer, adult (married to Rikae, Lommy's brother)
+ Rikae, a lumberjack, adult (married to Macalaure, Roa's sister)
+ the phantom, sheep herder with Legate, 21 (their adopted son, Di's brother)
+ Diamond 18, dissolute, 11 (phantom's pre-teen littlesister)

+ Cailín, guinea pig breeder, adult (Nilp's sister)
+ Lhunardawen, healer's apprentice, 20 (Cailín's daughter, good twin of Durelin)
+ Durelin, poisoner 20 (Lhuna's evil twin, daughter of Cailín)

+ Volo, the guy who knows everything about staying alive, the gaffer (Father of Nogrod, morm, Nerwen and Lalaith)

+ Roa_Aoife, school teacher, adult (mother of Legate, Brinn and Kit, wife of Nogrod, sister of Rikae)
+ Brinniel, Greenie's apprentice, 21 (Legate's sister and Kitanna's twin sister, Kath's life partner)
+ Kitanna, a tavern wench 21 (Legate's sister and Brinn's twin sister)
+ Legate of Amon Lanc, sheep herder with tp, 19 (brother of Brinn & Kit, Sally's boyfriend, Agan's ex-bf)

+ Lalaith, chocolate maker, adult (sister of Nerwen, mother of Aganzir, Volo's daughter)
+ Aganzir, the little match girl, 15 (Lalaith's daughter, dates McCaber)
+ The Ka, a dog whipper (a fatherless and ageless little child of Lalaith)

+ Mormegil, adult (son of Volo, husband of Celuien, father of Gwath and McCaber)
+ Celuien, a candle maker, adult (wife of morm, mother of Gwath and McCaber)
+ Gwathagor, a highwayman, 20 (McCaber's big brother)
+ McCaber, a henchman, 18 (Gwath's little brother, dates Aganzir)

The dead:
Eomer of the Rohirrim, adult (Cailín's husband, Lhuna's and Dury's father); An innocent beheaded by the werewolves on Night1
Nogrod, the judge, adult (Roa's husband, father of Legate, Brinn and Kit); An innocent torn in two by werewolves on Night1
Nerwen, the healer, adult (sister of Lalaith, Volo's daughter); An innocent nailed to the oak-tree on Day1.

Night 2 begins.

Wizards and their minions feel free to act.

PS. 239 posts after Day1! Not bad...

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-03-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote