View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 02:30 AM   #1
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Admin Thread for Werewolf XLVIII: When Virtual Becomes Reality

Welcome to the 48th edition of Werewolf!

For the past several weeks there have been technical difficulties on the Barrow Downs. There have been obscene amounts of spamming and popular Downers have been receiving anonymous negative reps for no apparent reason. During different times of the day, sometimes hours at a time, the Downs is inaccessible to many and when the server isn’t Down, the smileys are…and suddenly once invisible ‘secret moderator forums’ become accessible to all. The BW has recently received complaints by several Downers that someone has been hacking into their accounts and making inappropriate posts. Now with all the mods’ accounts blocked and the BW unable to fix these technical difficulties himself, he has decided it is time to seek the source of the problem.

The Roles:

After our DWII epic, this game will be a fairly simple one.

3 hackers/werewolves
3 moderators/gifteds (seer, ranger, and hunter)
1 spammer/cobbler
And of course the rest are ordos

The Rules:

-The game will start with a Night phase.

-There will be absolutely no hints in the narrations!

-There will be no double lynches. In the case of a tie, the lynch will be randomized.

-No retractions are allowed.

-Those who do not vote two Days in a row will be modfired.

-Only the werewolves may talk at Night.

-Once you’re dead, you’re dead. That means no discussing the game, inside or outside the Barrow Downs.

-The ranger can protect someone more than once, but not two Nights in a row. He/she may protect him/herself once the entire game.

-The hunter will be a logical hunter.

-The deadline is now at 11pm GMT.

The Characters:

For your occupation (or whatever you want to call it), you may choose to be whatever stereotypical (or untypical) type of forum member you like. For example, you may choose to be the rabid fangirl, the purist…whatever. As long as it doesn’t interfere with the game roles (so you can’t be a spammer).

(Another idea: I originally had an idea for players to play each other as their character roles. I thought it’d be really fun…however, I found that there would be too many problems that could come up. For one, it may get too confusing and secondly, I worry that someone may get offended. Plus, it may make it more difficult for any possible newbies that may come along. But if anyone thinks otherwise and feels strongly for this idea…then please share your opinion. After all, it’s up to you players on what you want.)

Other notes:

I haven’t decided on a deadline yet, but my preferred time span is something around 9pm-12am GMT. If need be, could go even earlier.

I know it’s the summer holidays and all…and since we just finished a huge game, some of you may want a short break. I wasn’t in a rush to get this thread up because I know a lot of people are unavailable this weekend and possibly next week due to midsummer or whatever. And for me, it is the following weekend (27-30) that I will be busy. That means I won’t be starting the game any sooner than July 1. That gives a little less than two weeks for people to sign up. If we have enough players we will start on July 1, but would like a decent size village (15+) if possible, so if the sign ups are slow-going I can wait longer. American players- I know a lot of people go out of town for the 4th of July weekend…I will be around but if there are enough of you who aren’t, then we can work around that.

One more thing: At the time being, I am unemployed with all the time in the world on my hands. But I am hunting for a job and in the case that I do get one, I will most likely need a co-mod. It is not an issue I have to worry about right now, but it is something that I as well as anyone who may be interested should take into consideration.

-----------------------------------------

Players:

Nilpaurion Felagund~Ainulindalë Addict
Kitanna~the self-righteous know-it-all
Aganzir~non-anonymous neg-repper
Shastanis Althreduin~chatspeak translator
Nerwen~rabid fangirl
Boromir88~the one upper
Kath~artiste
Rikae~the person who tries to fake knowledge of the books and fails miserably
Durelin~Unreliable RPG Addict
Eomer of the Rohirrim~easily-offended trendy
Nogrod~the wanna-be moderator
The Elf-Warrior~nitpicker
satansaloser2005~a fan of everything but Tolkien
THE Ka~Artful Dodger
Eönwë~conspiracy theorist
The Sixth Wizard~grammar Nazi
Formendacil~Tolkien Canonist
Mithalwen~therapist
McCaber~does it 4 teh lulz

Last edited by Brinniel; 07-03-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote