View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #21
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurinquë View Post
I don't really know how female parts there are, but I would love to take part in it!
You know Tolkien... not too many...

We have tried to overcome that fact with assigning the narrator and the hobbits & the elves to female-voices (in the Ring Goes South -part underway now). This particular thing about the Prancing Pony is an offshot of that which Matthew who thought the males should have a right to play the hobbits suggested. And it's a nice idea. But there are very few roles to females then.

So it will be kind of a male thingie...

But I'd say we start co-discussing (in a separate thread) a part from Lothlorien where all the elves and hobbits would be females... or let's make a gender-radical interpretation of any part of the story? Or let's turn to Silmarillion for a female adaptation of a part of it?

How about the Ainulindalë? There's only the narrator there but we could come up with any nice ideas about it: voices speaking it on top of others, in unison, in a fugue-style, someone reading it in discord, sharing the parts, composing the music & performing it together... there's no limit what we can do but our imagination...

Or any of those stories of the old that have no characters speaking their lines but just are so grand being stories of great things passing?

I'd be more than happy to help you out with any that kind of thing without a character role myself.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote