View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 01:44 PM   #559
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
My two cents about the horse's apparent spookiness:

Chances are, the fire would not have damaged his ability to respond to proper handling. If he were to become more spooky, I would think it would only relate to fire or the sound of crackling, and the smell of smoke. In fact, if you really want him to be affected by the fire, then the smell of smoke would probably be what bothered him the most.

Now, it is absolutely possible that if Cnebba was the only one handling Snowstreak for most of the time, then Snowstreak could become less trust worthy. If Cnebba's handling is inconsistant, maybe a little rough at times, or just doesn't happen very often, then Snowstreak could easily turn more skiddish.
I think Nogrod insinuated that in his above post - that Snowstreak's behavior has something to do with Cnebba's handling and not all of it is due to the fire.

So...those are just my ideas concerning this, based on my own horse handling and experience. We can fling it out the window, of course, as this is purely pretend.