View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 03:08 PM   #716
Ibrīnišilpathānezel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ibrīnišilpathānezel is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Ibrīnišilpathānezel is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thanks, all. You have now exceeded the sum total of the other members of my family (of which only one still has bothered to offer any kind regards for the day. The other six... well, living or dead, only one other has bothered to make note of my birthday for the last 20 years. I haven't even heard from my brothers since our father died three years ago. Isn't dysfunctionality wonderful? :P). The sail was quite lovely, and we'll be off for dinner in an hour or so. It's definitely quality, not quantity, when it comes to relationships.

As for my screen name, Ibrin or Ibri is fine, and I'm not the least bit offended by being called "he." As someone once said, "On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog," nor can they necessarily tell your gender. I've been on boards for years, and no matter how often I mention my husband or the fact that I'm a woman, people still pop up now and again, quite surprised by the revelation. With an androgynous name, who'd know? It actually amuses me a bit, rather like some of my cousins that even now, react with astonishment to discover I'm married. It's only been 30 years...