View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 08:47 AM   #667
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
The kid's games... someone I think suggested running and that sounds good. Also, they have been practising archery the last few weeks so they should show people what they have learned. But no wrestling, please. I think they have had enough of that already...

One possible event could be that old game where two people face each other standing on a log that has ben hoisted up (like a meter or something) and they have heavy sacks as weapons trying to stay on the log and make the other fall. I can't remember the English name for it but I hope you know the sport. In that there might be a female competition as well.

Maybe something like dagger-throwing for the women or something? I mean at least I think the rohanian society was quite a traditional one in respect to male and female roles - with possible exceptions like that of Eowyn - and so the female "games" should be less dangerous and possibly less physical or aiming less to physical damage in the first place.

How about a competition which would include different tasks to perform? I mean tasks that would require agility, firmness of hand, wit and such. It might even be a game for all (also males and kids) as there might be interesting results. The tasks could be something like climbing to get a required object, pebble-throwing, building from pieces of wood a tower of a required height so that it doesn't collapse, figuring out any sort of puzzles, running/crawling/jumping through a track with different obstacles etc.

Or something like that.