View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 10:48 PM   #32
propagandalf
Animated Skeleton

propagandalf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

post script

Quote:
The movie is intentionally being named The Two Towers in order to capitalize on the tragedy of September 11. Clearly, you cannot deny the fact that this falls under hate speech. We believe that if they will not willingly change the name, the government should step in to stop the movie's production or to force a name change
Any idiot would know that J.R.R. Tolkien came up with that title ages ago. Clearly these things are being said for publicity's sake. And to provoke LOTR fans. (They got our attention didn't they?). They are the ones using the popularity of The Two Towers to further their cause (whatever it is). They're the ones who should be sued.

As for the press in the US (or anywhere) comparing the events in real life to the events in the book,

Quote:
As for any inner meaning or 'message', it has in the intention of the author none. It is neither allegorical nor topical."

"I cordially dislike allegory in all its manifestations, and always have done so since i grew old and wary enough to detect it presence."

-J.R.R. Tolkien, foreword FOTR

So leave LOTR alone, yoo vooltoores. 'hate speech'? heh. Down with big brother.

edit: ermm.. sorry if i got carried away. that gandalf-bush comparison really freaked me out. heehee [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].

[ February 18, 2003: Message edited by: propagandalf ]