View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 03:27 PM   #10
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

The dynamics of this little pickle we're in are quite different than other villages I've heard of. I'm still trying to get my head around all the possibilities.

On one hand the Seer has less to fear. In olden times if you'd spot one WW you'd want to lay low and continue searching for another one, because there were many. This time if the Seer finds one WW then bang- we're halfway home. Heck, he may even come right out after finding one and just sort of assume that the village is competent enough to lynch one measly WW after he's gone.

If I were the Seer I'd be inclined to take that route. However, I can't help but think that I'd do that only because it would take all the pressure off of me and put it on the villagers, and I could kick back the rest of the game and say, "I did my part". Other people with more time and energy on their hands might be inclined to lay low and attempt to collect both WWs.

I'm thinking about it, and I'd say that taking the easy way out is probably not the recommended action to take in this village. However, laying absolutely low after finding one WW is also out of the question in this village. In a village with three WWs or more, it's worth the risk to forget about leaving clues and hints while you search for a second WW. But with only two WWs I don't think the Seer can pass up a WW so easily.

I'm not saying to scream it from the rooftop, but hint strongly enough that, should you die, the WW will be known beyond doubt.

As far as the Cobblers go, forget them. They have three shots at dying every cycle, and I can't imagine they'll dodge the bullet for long. They should be down to a manageable number shortly.

And don't be worried about a Cobbler leading you astray. They don't know any more than you, so they're as likely to be wrong as anyone. There are only a few situations where we need to pay attention to them. For instance, if one is pretending to be gifted. But that will only happen in certain situations and we can discuss it when one pops up.