View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 09:52 AM   #64
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe

Quote:
Quote:
Oh, and I just thought of this: Gifteds, if anyone comes out and says he/she/it is so-and-so, but you know they're not, because you are, don't counter-declare. He/she/it may help lynch an innocent for one DAY, but at least we get the satisfaction of him/her/it being chewed the following NIGHT.

Of course, the impostor could very well be a wolf, and not a mere cobbler, which means a counter-declaration the following DAY could be a mess. So I guess it'd help if the cobbler assassin targets our impostor, too, that NIGHT. (Nilp)
I fear I don't follow the logic. Could you clarify? (Green)
Situation: Someone claims to be gifted.

Possibilities:
  1. He/she/it is telling the truth.
  2. He/she/it is lying, and is a cobbler.
  3. He/she/it is lying, and is a wolf. (Less possible than Possibility B, due to scarcity of wolves.)
Best Response of Gifted:
  1. Nothing.
  2. Do not counterclaim, hope that wolves believe the 'gifted' and he/she/it is consumed that NIGHT.
  3. Counterclaim immediately, and get a wolf's head.
*But how to differentiate between Possibility B and C? Nearly impossible, so play the numbers game (2:1 cobbler:wolf ratio + value of wolvish numbers to Evil Side) and do Response B.

A somewhat random plan of response, and there are many holes to be plugged, but I do hope it achieves its purpose.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote