View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #1977
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lindale has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz View Post
When you use instances or characters in LotR to try & explain other situations/characters in other stories, or explain what you think about them.

Maybe not funny, but something i've done. Despite the fact that the other person has never read LotR. :\
I happen to do that a lot. Not just with LotR. With the whole Tolkien thing. Years and years of reading and rereading has somehow managed to make me memorize certain bits. Happens all the time with me and my guy, my brother, and my dad. All of them not remembering too well what they have read, so basically sometimes when I quote from Tolkien they hear me "speaking German again" (where did that come from? I have no idea!). Sometimes the Tolkien fan in me gets carried away even inside the Philippine Literature in English classroom, and I get told virtually everytime, "while some of Tolkien's writings may be arguably universal, your feet is on Philippine soil and your butt on a Philippine Literature classroom."

Legal Madness.
Lindale is offline   Reply With Quote