View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 09:11 PM   #1
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Discussion Thread for THE ANCILLARION: Of the Silmarkenstone Conspiracy, etc.

Welcome to the Discussion Thread for --

The Ancillarion: Of the Silmarkenstone Conspiracy and the Incidental Fellowship -- Their Trials, Tribulations, Loves Lost and Found, and Their Salvation of Middle-earth (as utterly unlikely as that may seem)

The actual story is found here: http://forum.barrowdowns.com//showthread.php?t=15053

A long and pompous title, surely, but given the material we shall be exploring, quite appropriate; as a matter of fact, it is perhaps not long enough, and certainly every bit as meaningless and overwrought as this complex sentence I am weaving at the moment, full of colons and semi-colons and maybe even dashes -- as if such separations inhibit rambling -- that occur when one is being garrulous and verbose with nothing of actual import to impart, and...hmmm...I've even added ellipses, as if I've hesitated, realizing subconsciously that the gag has somehow spread itself to thin; however, you'll notice that really doesn't stop me (like the tale you'll soon be reading, I don't know when to quit).

*sighs*

Okay, obviously you are wondering about Morth's frame of mind, and are saying to yourself, 'Morth, what the 'ell are you on about, and why are you referring to yourself in first person?' Well, we often have these moods, particularly when we are gearing up for a fan-fiction on such an epic and importunate level. Literally speaking, it will be a roleplaying fan-fiction of roleplays and fan-fictions that vaguely resembles Middle-earth, but has become so convoluted in being the mirror of a mirror of the original, it may well be that we shall be offering more cannon than canon (if you follow me) -- more Muddled-earth than Middle-earth (you're intelligent, I think you get my drift).

And so, without further ado, the players in this Passion Play:

Nerwen
Mithalwen
Kitanna
Lalaith
Morthoron

We do have room for 2-3 more players (after all, what good is a fan-fiction when you can't muddy it up with too many characters). So, if you'd like to join, please add your post here (don't just barge into the story). Also, we'll be having a couple guest stars popping in to add to the mayhem.

Some rules:

1) Although this will be a parody bordering on farce, it will be literate; therefore, if you have difficulty with spelling or punctuation, use a word processor.

2) Paragraphs are your friends, use them. There is nothing worse than trying to struggle through a solid block of text that runs longer than Achilles did after Hector around the walls of Ilium.

3) That's it for now (see? that wasn't so bad).

Now, I'd like to firm up a skeletal outline of at least the first few chapters, so comments from the other contributors would be appreciated.

P.S. Thanks to Lush for starting the "thread that started this whole debacle", found here -- http://forum.barrowdowns.com//showthread.php?t=14933
-- and to Thenamir for making the offhand (and obviously daft) suggestion that a story might contain all the stereotypes ever written in Tolkien fan-fic.

Last edited by Morthoron; 09-28-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Morthoron is offline   Reply With Quote