View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 10:16 AM   #930
Parmastahir
Wight

Parmastahir has just left Hobbiton.
Hello to All

It has been extraordinarily quiet on this thread over the summer. Just a note to see if anyone's around. In spite of the fact that I haven't posted since May, it seems a very short time since I did. Picked up a few calendars over the summer, and the 2009 calendars have started coming out.

Attended MythCon 39 in August. Got the 2009 Tolkien calendar from Ted Nasmith himself and he signed it for me. As he was there, I brought all of the calendars from my collection that he had illustrated and he signed them all for me. It was absolutely wonderful meeting him especially as he permitted us to use many of his works in the 2008 Heren Istarion (Northeast Tolkien Society) calendar.

Speaking of which, we are working to finalize the 2009 HI calendar. We are using illustrations from two new illustrators and Jef Murray has generously done up the cover for it. You will soon see it and ordering information on the herenistarion.org website. All proceeds benefit HI. Because of the 2008 calendar, HI has now made all memberships free.

Away from The Green Hill Country,

Parmastahir