View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 09:15 PM   #6
MatthewM
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MatthewM has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MatthewM
I have started some threads like this in the past - I love the music of the trilogy so much. I listen to the score on a regular basis. I, too, connect with these songs not only because they remind me of the movie and the characters, but I feel a deep spiritual connection with these songs, and many of them have the overwhelming power to cheer me up in the worst of moods. I also feel that these scores echo to the heart of the book - the real deal. Real stuff.

Being a lover of music years before the score, I'm sure enhanced my appreciation of the music. I would like to add my own praise to classical music - the feelings I have felt while listening to certain pieces by various masters (and I include the trilogy soundtrack in there) are so deep and powerful, that I probably haven't felt them with any other music, save The Beatles. Hits a heartchord. Music, music, music...I love you!!!