View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 04:16 AM   #239
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Only two deaths?

So that means that either we have only two pairs of lovers, or it just happened that some chose the same target. It could also be that the lovers are in some way impaired in the way their kill is carried out (4 couples that only get 2 kills?). Well, let's say we have two pairs lovers (or do we maybe have two teams of lovers?). I suppose they're still interested in eliminating each other as well as killing the seer (they probably don't know whether there's a seer either) and making the usual kills to improve their individual situation. That gives the intention behind the choice of the kills an additional dimension that should be considered.

We probably have no chance to accurately guess what the situation for the lovers is really like, because we have an evil moddess who came up with a scenario nobody is supposed to be able to guess. Hmph.

I think Rikae is too quick to discard the possibility that anything useful can be learned from Lalaith's and Legate's deaths. I will have a look at them later today.

I don't really like Eomer's post. His rule speculations sound very specific, and following Fea's idea yesterday that somebody who knows the rules might slip up when discussing them, this makes me wary. I'm not convinced of Eomer's percentage game, to say the least. He also explains his vote by simply agreeing with somebody else, which is the easiest way.

I'll be back later with some comments on what happened after I voted and thoughts on our kills.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote