View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 06:48 PM   #95
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
maybe Fea is regretting her decision to allow me in.
Mr. 88, you know better than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Well, surely you'll have at least until deadline...
I was partially joking when I said that about filibustering, but at least half serious. I just haven't worked out the best way to include it. I'm in love, you see, with the concept of a filibuster which is, for those unfamiliar:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictionary.com
The use of obstructionist tactics, especially prolonged speechmaking, for the purpose of delaying legislative action
I think the only practical way to manage it would be if the player in question declared their filibuster and then was forced to post continuously, at least once per minute or two, about the specific topic in question (which would need to be declared at the onset). If the player lapsed, the filibuster would end. Until the filibuster ceased, votes could not be cast.

Can others think of a better way to institute this?

Of course I should also mention that a filibuster-proof majority can be reached. By this I mean that if at least 2/3 of the village votes that filibusters aren't allowed, they can't happen.