View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 05:57 AM   #69
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Fellow Villagers,

Have you noticed? Mr. Phantom is already testing his skills on filibustering. All we have seen until now is but the beginning. He was obviously trying, throughout the first page, whether he can manage it. We are lucky that he can do it only once. Of course, the filibustering may do good to our cause, if he is stopping the votes from going the wrong way. But, with all honesty, all he will do is that he will be stopping the votes from going the way that seems wrong for him. Thankfully, we have democracy here. But once he starts talking - if it is around the DL - it will be all only upon the people in the West. Us, Europeans, will be sleeping. But this is not just Americans, Europeans, Australians and whoever else may appear in this mixture - we are all one village! We are all Villagers! And it is only about us who stand against the threat of those lurking among us, who call themselves Villagers, but their intentions are hideous and abhorrent! And this is why there will be no Americans or Europeans for me, I won't just "let those behind the Sea eat this in the morning hours", I will stand by the side of those who prefer freedom of speech and freedom of vote without being restrained by some Phantom-a-likes.

Therefore,

++No Filibuster

Don't worry. I know it may be fun to have filibustering, and I say, all right. I am also for trying it some day. But not today. We need a smooth start, so that we can get the ship of state rolling. (Hm. An awkward formulation.)

And one thing to make it clear. Mr. P. is not getting my vote as a Representative, no way. He was even so daring to put these words of mine into his signature, which keeps showing all the thread long, because he cannot just keep his mouth shut. But we are all Villagers! We all have the right to speak, and not listen to just one demagogue, who would prefer to do filibuster every Day just after he votes, if only the Rules allowed it. Luckily for us, they don't.

It's been enough of self-nominated leaders, who vote only according to their own whims. It's been enough of demagogues, of amateurs whose votes more harmed the village than they helped it. Therefore, make your Representative somebody whom you can trust to make at least a honest decision. Who will not deceive you. I am not saying, vote this or that one. I am leaving this on your good reasoning, which I belive, most of you have. The Wolves may vote for their own Representative to get him there - if they are four, they can get two Representatives there by voting together. But that will be very risky. Yes, it is possible, if not probable, that a Wolf or two will get among the Representatives on the first Day with support of the villager's votes. I am not closing my eyes before it. And it is good, I say, yes. Because if a Wolf gets into the representation, he or she will have to choose. He could not stand behind and hide, but he would have to make a responsible decision. And this is where we can find them, catch them. And later, on the next Day, lynch them.

This is not saying, vote as Representatives those who seem wolfy to you. No way! Don't worry, they will get themselves in just "naturally". They don't need your help. But what I say is, do not judge the possibility of them becoming Representatives as only bad. It can serve us, even - for now. Of course, as the Days go by, we need to be more and more careful, for the less people, and the less Representatives, the more dangerous may the balance of power in the Council be. But for now, a good middle number of Representatives - let's say 5, 6 or such - would be enough to prevent the Wolves have too much power in the final voting, even if they got there (for I don't believe more than let's say two would get in there). But let each vote according to his own best conscience and reasons, and we will see how things are going to turn. From there, we can learn for the Days to come.

That is it, fellow Villagers. I am leaving for now, but will be back. Use the following six hours in good manner. And think about what is best for your Village.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote