View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 06:55 AM   #13
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Okay, okay...I'll be serious. And as we Yanks are heading towards our Thanksgiving Holiday, I thought I'd express my thankfulness:

WHY I AM THANKFUL FOR THE BARROW DOWNS
By Morthoron

1) I am thankful that the signature space is limited to 3 lines. I swear to Eru there's a poster over on the TORn site whose signature is 10 stanzas long.

2) There is none of the overt Legolust here that is evident on other sites.

3) Peter Jackson's films can be discussed here with a critical eye, rather than jostling with a herd of cattle seeking canonization for the entire population of New Zealand.

4) Posters are rarely monosyllabic and actually use proper punctuation; in fact, I will go as far as saying the English-as-second-language users here are more erudite than most native-born posters on other sites.

5) The moderation is fair, and I don't get into trouble...much.

6) Gandalf eats Hobbits, or at least, that's what Alatar has surmised. I found the revelation stunning, to say the least. One doesn't find scholarly work of such magnitude elsewhere.

7) There is a creative flair and a skewed sense of humor here that accords with my left-handedness.

8) I took a survey and found out I was Saruman incarnate. Now, if I could only grow a decent beard.

9) People here are funny. They'll ressurrect a thread from four years ago and post like the conversation was from this morning.

10) I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.