View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #306
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
So ish5 turned into ish8, sorry. I was with my students, then realized I was late for a meeting, then realized I had paperwork that needed to go through, then needed dinner before Bio... But I'm out of Bio an hour early, so here goes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short View Post
Fea/Phantom. Please explain post 152 and onward discussion, now Noggie, alas, dead.
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
I believe Fea was asking if I had noticed that Nog had called himself a Divo. I did, and I tried to encourage the idea later ("He'll show you lot how to sing").
Yes. I saw the Divo thing, then the phantom kept making these hints about Nog, and basically what I intended was two fold:

1) I wanted to subtly discern if the phantom knew something, or if he noticed something.

If he knew something, then I wanted to know if he wanted me to keep quiet about it, or if he wanted me to find a way to extricate Noggin, who I was reasonably certain by that point was quite innocent.

If, however, the phantom had merely noticed something (as in, wasn't the Seer, but had picked up on something I thought I'd caught too), I wanted to get his opinion as to whether or not he agreed with my reaction that Nog was innocent.

I did not, however, at any point want to say "Hey OG, are you the Seer? If so, you dreamed of Nogrod, right? If not, from one ordo to another, do you agree with my assessment that he's trustworthy?" Because that would have put everyone I was concerned/curious about at risk.

Hence the veiled questions toward who I thought had a bit more special of a role ("For the first time ever I'm afraid of the cobbler") than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya
I assume the Fea/Opera Ghost exchange was about TP's Lovers ploy?
Actually, I totally missed the Lovers thing. I thought the phantom was the seer. Turns out he was just the phantom. My bad.