View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 01:59 PM   #2
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I think that's actually one of the worst parts in the whole movie trilogy. In the book, the victory in Pelennor Fields was the great victory of Men. In the movies, it's the great victory of Flubber. (Or some other ugly green mess, who cares. ) That really annoys me.

I guess the excuse is that it would have been too complicated to do according the book and to include the fights in Lebennin, Lamedon and Ethir (or so, forgive me if I've mixed up the names, Gondorian geography never was my strong point ) or that they couldn't resist giving the Flubber a lot of screentime by bringing it to Minas Tirith. I think they could have just shown what happened in a minute or so: quick cuts to the ghosts fighting the pirates, the "liberation" of the Gondorians, their leaders pledging allegiance to Aragorn and the armies boarding on the ships. I think that would have been nice. But no, of course not, you have to have the Flubber there to mess up and steal the show...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote