View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 04:41 PM   #111
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
(Ha! I wonder whether he'll be gutsy enough to dare give his own name to this end in Night 2. )
Great. So what shall we do with you now, Mac? Especially if the RW's get your name tonight. Which of course, the normal villagers won't know, but if the RW's see "Mac" tonight, they know who their informer is. A great way to do that. Fantastic, as the villagers won't be there to see it, thus have no evidence against you.

Quote:
If I understand you correctly, then Frodo-ish behaviour is behaviour meant to get oneself killed.
This is a note on the general idea of this being true: Not necessarily. Like I said, I presumed that Frodo would try to play for the village's side and if he were to bring hints, I imagined he would do that to make the village aware that he should be protected or such (cf. the role of the Ranger and the possibility of Barney informing the Ranger of Frodo's identity if he knows!). Only twisted people like Aganzir or TP, who is not among us now here, come up with such ideas like wishing to become a Wraith...

Quote:
Frodo just wants to win. If the innocent side seems stronger, he'll try to avoid being killed (like everybody), if the evil side seems stronger, he might try to set himself up. I don't think he tries to be killed from toDay on.
However, this idea sounds more sensible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I can't see that. And that alone wouldn't help them because Ferny too should know them before they can form an alliance. I don't think we should worry about Ferny. I think you're making him a big threat which I can't see him being, and that makes me wonder. Who on earth would want to portray the situation in such grim light? Ferny herself, perhaps?

Weird again. The wolves, obviously.
All right, Lommy is not as sinister as I thought, not always at least.

I just wonder if Wolf-agan would be so silly (read: careless and likely not to succeed) to do things like that, trying to convince the village or the Ringbearer to point himself out, so that they could catch him... but perhaps, probing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Even showing up as late as I did, I almost had the opportunity to make my point about Mr. Underhill before anyone else, but then Nog had to go and mess it up for me. Eh. Revealing may be the best thing Frodo can do for the village. If we know who he is, as soon as a kill is missed (Frodo is changed) we can lynch him.
Yes, but there's this thing that this way Frodo nobly sacrifices himself (by revealing). And, takes one chance from us lynching a Wraith, okay, he could become one himself, but then, if he is not under direct threat, we may get one Wraith AND have still innocent Frodo among us (you see what I mean?). Unless he is under direct threat, I don't think it's good for him to reveal - also simply playwise (that's what I think Kitanna had in mind when making this role). Otherwise he could reveal on Day 1 in his first post, which I find a bit silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
You remember how Aragorn was first pictured in Lotr?
Okay. I was confused, because it seemed to me that Nog is being serious, and I could not decipher about WHAT.

EDIT: X-ed since Mira
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote