View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 07:31 PM   #149
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Good god, it took me long enough to catch up with this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beregond
I have a feeling Brinn could be something other than she seems - she was the first to really encourage proper discussion and then she left, almost to deflect suspicion and avoid notice all in one. I don't know about the rest of you, but I just don't know as she is who she says she is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
I do not think that Brinn or Lommy has said anything of substanse. . . It is just the usual "look at me I am all serious about the game" nonsense that allways pops up, it is no more usefull than the in charachter banter, but it is less intertaining.

It would be foolish of me to assume them evil because of these comments, but it is worth taking a note about. It shows that they to some degree would like to be viewed as people who are focused on catching the evil-doers.
Do you guys really think the content of my single post was some sort of strategy? I hate to disappoint you, but I have a RL and it's more important than WW. I had already taken a sleeping pill at the time I made my post, and while I would've liked to contribute more, I also didn't want to crash on top my keyboard. I hoped to post this morning but I didn't have time, and I've been in class all day. I've had an exhausting week and while I'd like to, I simply don't have tons of energy for WW right now. I'm sorry if I sound irritable, but I am tired and I have no patience for anyone criticising me due to the lack of substance.

Anyways, I never meant to say much in my first post...I felt I should at least check in since I knew I wouldn't be around until late in the Day when half the players are sleeping. But I decided to comment on the banter because while it's entertaining, there was simply too much of it going on...and banter is an easy way for a wraith to hide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Frodo just wants to win. If the innocent side seems stronger, he'll try to avoid being killed (like everybody), if the evil side seems stronger, he might try to set himself up. I don't think he tries to be killed from toDay on.
I agree. While he may be innocent for the time being, it doesn't necessarily mean he'll continue to act that way. Frodo teeters on the brink between innocence and evil. And I don't think he necessarily has the village's best interests at heart. He'll simply do whatever is best for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Revealing may be the best thing Frodo can do for the village. If we know who he is, as soon as a kill is missed (Frodo is changed) we can lynch him. Also, there is no incentive for a baddie to falsely reveal as Frodo, since changing the real Frodo will get the false Frodo lynched. Maybe he could serve as a known innocent of sorts? Nevertheless, it's up to the ringbearer.
Okay, I find anyone who thinks that Frodo would even consider sacrificing himself at this early stage a bit idealistic. Whoever is Frodo signed up for this game because they want to play...it'd certainly be no fun to give up and reveal from Day 1. I'd think our Frodo would want to have more fun with the role than that. Also, once Frodo is changed, he is on the side of the wraiths. A lynching after he has changed could mean a loss for the wraiths. And why would anyone want to lose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
Unless something dramaticly happens the only other people I would consider are people like Brinn that I hold grudges against
That's a silly reason to vote for someone. If anything, you shouldn't immediately vote someone you have a grudge against because your opinion on them is slanted. No, it's better to wait and give a real reason to vote for them based on posts and behaviour in the current game, and certainly not from experiences in past games. I'll be seriously disappointed in you if you choose to vote for me for that reason alone.