View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 05:13 AM   #244
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Nog I'm watching you!

It also occurred to me that Shasta's reference to Barliman being under the protection of Water could have been a seer hint, especially as he later claimed being an Aquarius and infused with watery influence. However, he didn't leave behind anything that could be considered a hint to a person he had dreamed of - he barely even mentioned other players, apart from saying Gollum was an ordo who would be on the wrong track for the most of the game, and voting Lommy for voting me.
He didn't look very Frodo-ish either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
Didn't she say she had class or something earlier and wouldn't be able to be in the village?
Yeah I guess she did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggie
you seemed to suggest, or at least not dismiss completely the idea that the RB should stay put. (And, speaking of that, only very later you reevaluated. Perhaps under the general pressure, but before that, you wanted to try anyway?)
Try what? How did I seem to suggest xe should stay put & and then change my mind? I don't think I ever reached any conclusion when talking about the RB. Hmm oh yes I actually did. But I simply don't get what you're aiming at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Interestingly enough Mira has come to argue for her I think twice already...
I think Mira has also been arguing for Fea so I might just put it down on being a newbie & living in the same apartment with them. I'd still like to hear more about her opinions on other players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
There were other terrible reasons but saying you make it random is the worst way of trying to ensure you don't have to stand for your vote later.
You're making day 1 random votes a too big issue. If I had voted, say, Gollum or sally, saying I want to lynch a quiet/insubstantial/whatever person in lack of anything better, it would have been okay for you, then? You are fine with killing quiet people because they don't help the village but those lynches are quite as random. Why are you fine with Fea's plans to vote randomly because she finds day ones to be of little worth?

I was really tired after a week of little sleep and seriously considered abstaining from voting but decided against it, just because I'm against it in principle. And to be honest I couldn't care less who was lynched as I didn't have any serious suspects myself.

As for Gollum, I think his posts are always rather bantering, and as there's therefore nothing extraordinary, I don't find it a valid reason to suspect him. It's a valid reason to vote (randomly) for him on day 1, but all the suspicion against him looks rather exaggerated.

I'm quite uncomfortable with the way Nog sticks to random votes being a suspicious thing. Yeah they are maybe not helpful but still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Lommy didn't say that (at least, not anywhere I can see).
No I simply meant she pointed out the quote. I agreed with ”Something in this phrasing troubles me a little,” and the rest of it was my own thoughts. I didn't intend it to look like I was stealing her words, or putting words into her mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari
Ferny is not a threat at all. Ferny doesn't know the roles of who xe passes on. For all intents and purposes Ferny is just an annoying player.
You're underestimating xem. Xe is a threat once the wraiths and xe know one another's identity. After that xe's practically a seemingly innocent player (as the seer can't find out xyr exact role) who helps them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
While there are reasons to find Aganzir suspicious, starting with her random vote
What reasons?
What's suspicious about random voting?

Rune, I would like to apologise for signing up although I can't be around till deadline.
The quarrel between Rune and Brinn is ridiculous and, despite overreacting, it's not Brinn's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
It's as if she's intentionally trying to take focus off lynching the wraiths.
Erm I started talking about the RB when only a few people had made proper posts. I could accuse you the same way of trying to take focus off lynching the wraiths by bantering at the beginning of the day instead of trying to get things actually rolling.

I don't like the way Gollum was lynched although I admit I see him go rather than the others who had several votes.

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-24-2009 at 05:13 AM. Reason: xed with Greenie
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote