View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #119
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
As for the W-K, his doings in Angmar are cool, the Nazgūl are cool and it would be interesting to know how they were before they became evil (I've always wanted to do an RPG on that topic), but somehow, I don't know, he's just pretty lame. I just don't find him very interesting. (The Nazgūl lose 90% of their scariness after FotR anyway.)
Here I must agree with Lommy wholeheartedly.

And then just think about the fact that the Nazgūl were the scariest and most interesting in the FotR but they were also just incompetent losers who couldn't even win a party of a ranger and four hobbits in the middle of nowhere!

So not are they only a bit lame as characters but they are ones Tolkien flip-flopped to no limit. So what does it tell one? They were not actual dramatic characters or persons but just filled a role in the storyline, puppets of the plot and nothing more.

Although I agree with many that it would have been interesting to learn more about their past deeds especially as human kings. But that wish only betrays the problem: they are not full-grown characters.

So therefore:

++ Maeglin

(Who sure is a character!)

And also because of trying to make this a contest and not just a walk-through for the WK.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote