View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 10:43 AM   #838
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay, the Tharonwë in the "dell" thing runs in my mind like this.

Raefindan is looking at Tharonwé not only as enemy to be defeated but as fallen Elf who could repent and be restored. Not saying that will necessarily happen - that's just how Roy thinks about it. So he has motivation to make Tharonwë face the one person his life has been obssessed with for centuries. The obvious problem is that this may not be good for Nimrodel, and may not be good for Tharonwë/Maegeleb.

But it might be good for both. It's somewhat analagous to the Garden of Eden except that Eve was not separated from Adam for centuries; however there is the triangular relationship going on.

So let's say that Thar. is sent there by Rae. What does he see? He sees Nimrodel as the beautiful young maiden he had fallen for in the first place. She also sees Amroth reaching out to her. Naturally, he will fall for her again and try to win her in place of Amroth. Her reaction could go a few different ways: she could reject Thar and turn to Amroth. Or she could reject Amroth and turn to Thar. Or reject both and turn into herself.

However, the three are not alone in the dell. Indil/Angela is there. Aeron and Gwyll are there. Jorje is there. Who they know these three to be will affect the outcome.

Can Thar repent? Maybe, maybe not. But Rae sees no other way for it to be a possibility. Or at least, I don't.

There may be other dimensions to this that I haven't thought of, so what do you think?

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 02-11-2011 at 10:34 AM.