View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #20
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

When I first came up with the idea I debated quite a bit about whether or not to limit bonus votes to one target. In the end I decided it would open up more possibilities and be more unique to allow for someone to vote for two targets.

So, you do indeed have to retract your full vote- otherwise you will leave your bonus votes on your original target.

++Phantom (4)

And then later...

--Phantom

You only retracted your daily vote. Your four bonus votes are still on Phantom. And guess what? There's no way to get them off now, because you used your retraction. Oops.

You can weaken or strengthen your vote by adding or subtracting bonus votes as well, but adding or subtracting bonus votes counts as your retraction for the day. You can't go changing your vote every couple seconds. Things would be just a little too crazy. I need to be able to count these things up without it taking all night.

So, if you gave three bonus votes to Phantom, and you wish to tack on two more, you can just do this-

++ (2)

Now, if you have time, it would be courteous to put a note below it so that your fellow players recall who you voted for. Something like this-

(added to Phantom)

Any other questions?