View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 12:25 PM   #423
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
I have my post up for Tror, so, Gwath, you may respond to Tror's troubles if you wish. You have my permission to put whatever you want in your post. The advance guard of the Orcs' army and the Dwarves could accidently stumble into each other or the Dwarves could stumble upon Oin and save him from the clutches of Orcs (I believe that's what Legate wanted, but don't let me put words in his mouth), you have lots of scenarios to choose!

Legate, you still need to get that post up for Loni whenever you are ready. A post for Oin will be great right about now too, you may do whichever one first it doesn't matter. We won't have Frar and Tror find Oin until you are ready.
I am really sorry Groin, I will post something rightaway. Or, to be more specific, either today or during the following two days, for certain. I should say, however, also that I am afraid that after that there will be again some time when I won't be able to participate... but I will try to settle the matters so that it won't be any hindrance during that time.

As for Óin, my idea was rather that he might run far away enough from the Orcs so that he does not meet the Dwarves in any immediately dangerous situation. But then I also thought now that he might actually avoid even the Dwarves altogether, and thus miss Trór's party completely (like, that he really follows some secret path of his own). What would you think about that? Óin would then stumble only on the rest of the Dwarves, and Trór&co. would have no idea what happened to him. If that is possible, like I said. Or does anybody have any other interesting suggestions? If they are interesting, don't be afraid to speak up
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories