View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye Game Thread: Werewolf- this time it's real!

Place: Oxford, England
Time: April 10th, 9 PM

The Eagle and Child Pub had been cleared out early, with only four or five employees remaining behind to serve the party. An anonymous Downer had somehow managed to rent the place for that night and the following day. Most suspected Phantom, but he denied having anything to do with it.

Phantom stepped in out of the chilly drizzle and into the narrow entry hall. The fires that burned in the two empty rooms off to the left and right looked inviting, but the allure of comfort paled next to the excitement of meeting fellow Downers, and so he continued down the hall and into the larger room which housed the bar along the right wall. But this room was empty as well, except the man behind the counter.

"First one here?" asked Phantom. The man nodded.

Phantom tapped his foot impatiently. Soon, there would be food, drink, and much merriment. What would everyone look like in person? What would they sound like? More importantly, would the lovely young ladies give him their phone numbers?

Phantom shook his head and laughed. "Stop being silly," he said aloud. "Of course they'll give me their phone numbers."

Phantom made his way to a table, set down his backpack and removed his laptop. As it emerged his blue notebook fell out and flopped to the floor. He grinned as he picked it up, and began thumbing through the pages. "Ah, here's the time where Boro and Ang were both werewolves, and I circled both of them on the first day as my highest suspects... The Werepenguin game." He continued flipping through his Werewolf notes, pausing now and again to read something he was particularly proud of. And after so many games, there was much to read. He spent a particularly long time looking over a page towards the end, which contained rules to a new version of Werewolf he had invented, featuring an interesting system of bonus votes.

But even as he reviewed his accomplishments, a nervous feeling he'd been fighting for the past week began growing again. Phantom was exceedingly anxious about playing Werewolf in person, which was sure to happen at this World Barrow-Downs meeting. "It's so different than playing online. What if I suck? I probably will, and then no one will respect me any more." As thoughts such as these chased round and round in Phantom's mind, he resolved to weasel his way out of the games when they started up. "Maybe they'll let me Mod all the games. Yeah- that would work!"

But it was not yet time for games. The rest of the crowd had not arrived, and there was certain to be much socializing, sharing of YouTube videos, swapping of music, and eating that would take place even after everyone was present.

Phantom sat down and breathed deeply, calming his nerves. He then powered up his laptop and began skimming through old threads. "I wonder if anyone remembers this old Books thread, where I claimed to have found the Entwives." A smile spread across his face. "Boy, we've had some good times on the Downs. I can't wait to reminisce with everyone."

Barrow-Downers in attendance-
  • Aganzir
  • Alonariel
  • Boro
  • Brinniel
  • Fea
  • Firefoot
  • Formendacil
  • Green
  • Gwath
  • Izzy
  • Kent
  • Kuruharan
  • Lalwende
  • Lari
  • Lommy
  • Mira
  • Nerwen
  • Nienna
  • Nilp
  • Nogrod
  • Phantom
  • Sally
  • Shasta

IT IS NOW DAY -1. YOU MAY POST.

(Use imagination. What sort of things would you do? What conversations would you have? Have fun with this! )

Last edited by the phantom; 04-09-2009 at 01:47 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote