View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #530
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Now does this look like you two have had conversations lately, like within a few hours, last Night, or something?
You just reminded me of one thing that was bothering me about you but I always forgot to mention. The quote above is a classic example, but there have been a few other similar ones as well. That sort of seemingly-careless, half-serious little accusations seasoned with a rolleyes smiley. I can't see the purpose that would serve for an ordo, but I do see the benefit of retorts like that for a wolf. This sort of things are easy to toss around and can be interpreted as a joke or a serious suspicion both. Having given lots of statements like that, you can then refer to them either as "I suspected him already here!" or "hey, but that was just a joke, why didn't you guys get it", whichever way the situation develops.

Yeah, I think that did it.

++ Nogrod

EDIT: x-ed with Shasta
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote