View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 01:20 AM   #1378
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
I am sorry if you feel got at. I do understand the difficulties really it is just that I never had any hope of winning this game since it was so weighted against the ordos, to lose so narrowly is incredibly frustrating - added on the frustration of working blind for so long. But I know you can't predict every possible circumstance and must accept the divine right of mods to do as suits them.
Okay, I get it. A lot of people felt this game was unbalanced from the get-go. But if so many felt this way before the game even started, why not speak up? I am only one person with one perspective. And unfortunately, I seem to see things much differently than others (and not just in WW). I wish it weren't so since it always seems to cause problems for me, but I can't change how I think as much as I may try. In this case, I actually felt the baddies were at a disadvantage since they couldn't stop the seer from revealing dreams. It was extremely lucky for them that they killed the seer immediately, and I didn't think that likely to occur. And then also the factor of having practically known innocents killed at Night still posting opinions could've made a huge disadvantage. But obviously everyone else saw it the complete opposite. If you guys thought it was so unbalanced, you should've said so. After all, I did say on the first post of the admin thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I’m hoping it will work the way it is, but if anyone has a suggestion that could better balance the game, feel free to share and I’ll take it into consideration.
I know I see things differently which is why I'm open to suggestions. So yeah, I'm pretty irritated to hear complaints that the game was so unfair from the very beginning since it could've easily been fixed by someone saying something. Especially when it was indicated that someone should say something if the general opinion was leaning in that direction. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
And if you aren't interested in winning there is no point in playing any game
Well, of course everyone wants to win for their team; I agree it's not worth playing if you're not going to try. But I think what Nogrod was trying to say is that while everyone does want to win, it doesn't mean they have to be a sore loser when they don't. Because just as someone has to win every game, someone also has to lose. And if everyone who lost was bitter about it, then WW would be no fun and no one would want to play. I admit, I've had losses I've been quite frustrated about. In my early days of WWing, I found myself quite emotional about getting killed (especially since I couldn't seem to make it past Day 3), but over time I've learned to de-sensitize myself over these things. Yeah it can be frustrating, but it is just a game and not the end of the world, so you get over it and move on. I think every player has been frustrated with a WW game at one point or another. Simply the nature of the game can cause tension and emotions to run high. But as frustrated as we can get from time to time, I think the best thing we can do is try to keep that frustration in check and watch what we say so that there are no hurt feelings. Because when feelings are hurt, that's when a WW game goes sour.

And about not revealing roles...

I initially planned to leave the roles known, then after thinking about it, I decided against it. If the roles weren't kept secret, it'd be rather amusing to have baddies posting and messing with the innocents beyond death, though it'd probably get old real quick. Plus, if the dead baddies were known and the gifteds confirmed and able to reveal whatever along with known ordo innocents, it really would've been unfair for the baddies. The main experiment was to see how the dead would interact with the living and affect the game...and then to also see how players would suspect and vote without solid evidence. As frustrating as it may have been, I think it proved you don't necessarily need that solid evidence to come to conclusions, considering how accurate many of you were with your suspicions at one time or another.