View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #601
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
What is the appropriate manner with which to meet another Barrow-Downer? Running and squealing and knocking them over doesn't seem like the best way to do it...
Depends on how well you know said people that you are about to glomp. For example, Nienna, Fea, Lari, and I did not particularly feel the need to glomp Mac and Rikae (mainly because there was a were-duckling involved and that could have been all bad and the fact that Mac was in a different continent at the time and that would have been somewhat difficult).

I wish I knew what happened when Lari met Kath, seeing as how I was successfully lost in London at the time and my greeting to the two of them was slamming my head repeatedly against the wall of the tube station.

However, when you happen to live with fellow Downers (and have them to blame for joining in the first place) and you happen to go visit after not seeing them for WEEKS ON END and MISS THEM LIKE CRAZY, running and squealing and knocking them over is a perfectly reasonable reaction.