View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 07:07 AM   #618
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
That's what made it easy to meet Rikae: she lives an hour and a half from where we (me, Nienna, Mirandir, Lariren Shadow) went to college. It requires a rather lot more planning to meet others. There are a lot of us, but it's a big world.

Surely, I think, I've met, say... Lhuna, or Encaitare, or Sally, or the phantom. But no. Lhuna's on the literal far side of the world. Sally and the phantom are far away too. It would require an airplane, and somewhere to stay, and time off from work or school, and transportation to all be worked out. Encai is a bit of a special case, since in my head I swear we've already met. I mean... She and my brother attended the same school (though at different times), so when she tells school stories, I know exactly what she's talking about. I was in NYC for quite a while when she was on Long Island. I mean... Surely we've met. Except we haven't. It just vaguely seems like it.

That's just to name a few. You talk to people so long and about such random things (off-site, to avoid the skwerlz), you really do feel you've gotten to know them. It's not so strange to meet up with people you already have a long history with. What's a little more odd (and terrifying, if you're shy) is meeting somebody you'd don't know at all well. But it's still rather rewarding.