View Single Post
Old 01-04-2003, 10:19 AM   #10
Nevvasaiel
Animated Skeleton

Nevvasaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh, and a another little thought......

Why are there so many references to 9/11?
i know the title {The Two Towers} may bring back unwanted memories, and call me whatever you want for not being entirely sympathetic, but honestly, the rest of the world is getting quite sick of American politics, and Bush's failed attempt to divert attention away from his hugely unsuccessful economic policies... * Sorry... I'm rambling on about politics, which i did not mean to do at all. Americans, please don't be offended, i just cannot resist rolling my eyes every time Bush's new patriotic pro-war speech appears on the news. And anyway, there is no parallel between the war now and war in Middle Earth. Since when did the members of the Fellowship disregard the opinions of the general public? When was the last time they carried out operations individually without any support/allies?*

Tolkien wrote LotR 50 years ago, and unless he had the gift of foresight, he could not possibly have known about the war on terrorism, or how his work would be used to promote it.
LotR is considered the world's greatest literary piece of the twentieth century, and I applaud Peter Jackson for not changing the name of the film, even though several petitions were sent out asking him to change the title of TTT - I doubt he would be able to even if he wanted to.