View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #227
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Sting Very Important, Actually!!!

By the way, one important thing that occured to me now. Just in case I am lynched or anything. The village'd better remember that.

If the village protects somebody at Night, AND there are two kills, the person will become a known innocent on the next Day.

What, then, logically Wolves would do? Kill the person on next Night. Though, if we have a Ranger, of course the known innocent will be protected. And he can be NightGuarded next Night. And so on. So...?

Please think about this in general, and not just about myself, if you don't trust me or something (because I now want to prove this point, mainly. Although of course, it also brings in a reason for the Wolves' behavior in my case - OF COURSE, as I am one of the cases, I am an innocent). But you may try to imagine yourselves in such a situation of being Night Guarded or something. Or imagine imaginary Mr. X. in such a position.

Actually, if we didn't think of that yet on Day 1, the Wolves maybe did think of that later at Night (more brains can put more thoughts together...), which could explain very well why they didn't make two kills either. Because they may just continue doing this until the Village realises that it doesn't work that way.

Because if the Wolves kept having two kills per Night, every Night will mean a) two dead innocents and b) one living known innocent being around. That will slowly turn into accumulating known innocents. Because: one ordo, Mr. A, is guarded at Night 2. Two kills happen that Night. Ergo, Mr. A is innocent. Ranger protects him on Night 3, and the village guards Mr. B, an ordo. There are two kills that Night as well. Ergo, by the next Day, the village has two known innocents, one of whom (Mr.B) may be guarded by Ranger the next Night and another (Mr.A) may be guarded by the Night Guard. Even if the village had nothing better, they could now have two known innocents alive for the whole game. It's a bit like the Seer idea that's been here yesterDay (and who knows, maybe that's where the Wolves realised this possibility of that what I just said could happen.

And with all humbleness, somehow I think that the Wolves would not like the idea of myself remaining as Mr. A, being alive for the rest of the game as a known innocent. So it was actually the choice of the Wolves: had they made two kills last Night, I would have been a known innocent for sure. And I could, theoretically, if the village decided like that, survive all the time.

OKAY! So actually I think I have it. See, I was thinking "on the run", but the more I think of it the more sense it makes. So actually, the Night Guard for the WWs is really BAAAD thing, as it totally ruins their plans, as long as they can kill at least two people per Night (thus can forgo one kill), it's ok, but as soon as they are reduced to three WWs and can kill only once per Night, it will become APPARENT that the protected one is an innocent (if there is a kill that Night), or then the WWs would have to deliberately miss a kill and thus not to kill anybody. So maybe the WWs can take the longer run - to be on the safe side - and let the Village do the work with them, by lynching innocents, while at Night the balance would be zero.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote