View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #276
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I think the wolves would be silly to not make two kills while they still can, but I also see Legate's point about a good frame job. The problem with his theory, however, is that if we strike gold and kill a wolf they can't make any more double kills, and as some others (Wilwa maybe? Heck if I remember) have pointed out it wouldn't be that hard to kill Legate at some point anyway. Still, I'm torn between lynching him and thinking it's simply too easy. Legate, you're not the ranger, are you?
It could have been hard to kill me later, like I said in some of my first posts this afternoon (I think it was my first after I returned), because the Ranger and the NG could take switches in guarding me, if I was a known innocent and the village decided that I am valuable enough.

And if I were the Ranger, I would have probably said so by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
You say it looks easy, I think it looks too clean. Pitch brings up the niche in the rules, Legate and McCaber yesterday say the Night Guard could be used to frame an innocent. Now Legate is spiritly arguing he is being framed.
But is it not true that NG can be used for people to be framed? Anybody can see that it's true, that it can be done (and I alone, and four Wolves somewhere around here, know that it IS being done right now), and the Wolves could have thought of that regardless of who said it in the first place (or if McC is one of them, then no problem of course, but thinking of that, why would he say it aloud on the thread if he were one), or even if some people would not have thought of it themselves, they could have thought of it once it's been said aloud.

Quote:
I will agree with Inzil that it's been an admirable defense, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the "framing defense" is one of the weakest. Think you're that important to the wolves, eh?
Like I said, with all humility, if making two kills would mean making me a known innocent, who could be theoretically protected for the rest of the game (as long as the Ranger stays alive), I can imagine that I am not one of the most desireable people in the Wolves' eyes to get that role, the same like for example you or Nogrod or some others would be. Or is it your wolf pride resounding here, boiling inside you to show that you are not afraid of me at all, because that was not your reason to frame me?

Quote:
Now Legate is arguing he is being framed as an easy lynch, after setting up for the apparently "solid" defense the previous day. I say apparently solid, because shouting a "wolf set up conspiracy against me" is in fact...weak and the only reason Legate would use such a weak defense is because it's the only one he's got left after one wolf kill last night.
Of course that's "the only one defense I have left", as that's defense against the only thing I have been accused of. What kind of a logic is that, Boro?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote