View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 04:55 AM   #374
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Oh what a mess! Our late Lommy was right - we are a silly bunch of lemmings!
Not really. We did need to see if the wolves were actually willing to pass up a kill in order to frame someone/create uncertainty/whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
I'll start with Mnemo. She was a very active villager on Day 1 and argued her points very well, which is a reason to take her out in itself, as she certainly would have gone on being helpful, if allowed to survive. Furthermore, she suggested The Plan, which, if put into action, would have saved our Seer and meant serious danger for the wolves. I'm quite certain this was the main motive for her killing.
Naturally, her death confirmed her and her motives in suggesting The Plan as innocent. What would that accomplish for the wolves? Obviously, it would throw an innocent light on those who had supported her (probably including some wolves), and a more dubious one on her opponents. (The Plan itself, of course, was void at the time, with the Seer dead.)
I agree it's about time we looked closer at the kills that did happen– but that's a rather complicated theory, Pitchy. It requires the wolves to have assumed that we'd assume they'd take a totally pointless revenge on Mnemo. (Back to the "newbie wolves" theory?)

Still, it is surprising they didn't leave her alive and try to frame her– "Look how she drew the Seer out! Look how she voted Wilwa for no reason!"

–This brings me to the other significant thing Mnemo did on Day One: she voted Wilwa because of a "crack theory" which she declined to explain at the time. No doubt she would have done so on Day Two had she survived the Night. This makes me think the kill-choice may point either to Wilwa, or to an attempt to frame her.

EDIT:word left out.

Last edited by Nerwen; 09-05-2009 at 06:14 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote