View Single Post
Old 01-12-2003, 07:24 PM   #40
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
The Pinkerton dude has got it all wrong. Tolkien's books and Peter Jackson's movies are not advocating war-mongering, they're advocating smoking. This is so blatantly obvious that frankly I am shocked that it takes a ratty little college student like myself to bring this truth to light. In fact, the next time I get caught with a cigarette in the dorm, I'll tell the RA that Gandalf told me to do it. It's all right there in the books! And I don't even want to go into the movies; I mean, really, you have to wonder when Aragorn finds the time to get his pipe out of his mouth so he can proceed to kick Orc a**. I'm telling you guys, RJ Reynolds paid Tolkien, like, a million bucks to write this book. And with all the recent lawsuits and cancer awarness, you just know that Peter Jackson was enlisted to save the industry. George W. is in on it too! It's a vast right-wing conspiracy to sell ciggies to young, dweeby Tolkien readers! Geez, get it right, pal!

[ January 12, 2003: Message edited by: Lush ]