View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 09:42 AM   #460
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
But I'm not, in fact, entirely convinced a wolf would want to be a Captain. Maybe they wouldn't mind the tie-breaking normally, but when it comes to breaking a tie between a fellow and an innocent? Either decision can be dangerous. And would they want to manipulate innocents in Nightly discussions or would they dread the extra chance to get caught? I think it's more about individual wolves (and incidentally, I would see Roa and Legate as wolves wanting to be Captains, whereas I wouldn't want to be one - not because of the tie-thing, I can do that, but because I would not want innocents questioning me during the Night-time...)[LIST]
Lommy, no doubt not all wolves would want to be Captain – but in my view it would, despite your points, give a big advantage, especially the tie-breaking and lynch-cancelling– and they'd want that in a game with so many gifteds. Especially on Day One– they couldn't know they were going to get the Master Hunter that Night (EDIT: And now there are fewer gifteds but also fewer baddies, so it still holds). I'm thinking now they might in fact have fielded a backup candidate. It would make sense, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
If you think I'm being fatalistic, the most influential person in the village (if no one listens to me it doesn't matter how much I talk, I'm still not influential) has decided I'm suspicious, and enough people have suspicion of me that is ripe for harvesting. I'm not a fool. I've seen people lynched for using too many smilies, and Legate sounds like he's being reasonable even if he's not. The train has started and there's no stopping it now.

So then,

++Gwath for captain
I know I'm not saying anything that hasn't been said several times already– but honestly, I don't like the whole "poor me" tone of that post. Really, it's like blackmailing. And it seems excessive when no lynch votes had been cast except your own.

And I mean– Gwath? Gwath who?

On a more practical note, that NG vote for Kath doesn't count. You can't be a Guard two Nights in a row.

EDIT:X'd with 1 Legate and 2 Feas.
EDIT2:Added comment.

Last edited by Nerwen; 09-26-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote